RED DEER CARPET CLEANING SERVICES
Red Deer Carpet Cleaning Tips: Stain, & Spot Removal
Here at Red Deer Carpet Cleaners we strive to ensure your carpets are cleaned to perfection whether you hire us to clean your carpets for you or you clean your carpets yourself.
Below is a list of common household carpet stain removers. The key to removing carpet stains is applying treatment as soon as possible.
Step 1: Mix a solution of 2 cups of cold water and 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
Step 2: Blot the solution onto the carpet with a clean white cloth.
Step 3: Next, blot the solution until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step until the stain is gone.
Step 1: Scrape off any excess baby food from the carpet.
Step 2: Mix together 2 cups of cool water and one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
Step 3: Using a sponge, clean the stain gently.
Step 4: Blot until all liquid is absorbed.
Step 1: Treat the blood stain as soon as possible, so the blood has little chance of setting into the carpet fibers.
Step 2: Drizzle a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the blood stain.
Step 3: Blot the blood stains with a paper towel. Do not rub. Continue blotting until stain is gone.
Step 1: Start by removing any excess ink with a dry towel. Just blot the ink stain.
Step 2: Mix a small amount of milk with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
Step 3: Apply the solution using a toothbrush and gently scrub the ink stain.
Step 4: Blot the stained area with a wet cloth to rinse the solution.
Step 5: Vacuum your carpet when finished.
Step 1: Scrape off any excess chocolate that may have dried.
Step 2: Cover chocolate stain with 2-3 paper towels.
Step 3: Use a clothes iron on the lowest, non steam setting. Move the iron over the paper towels slowly. This will cause the chocolate to be absorbed into the paper towels. Repeat ironing until all chocolate has been absorbed into the paper towels.
Step 1: Dampen area with wet cloth
Step 2: Use regular unscented shaving cream to cover stain.
Step 3: Use damp cloth to absorb shaving cream and stain.
Step 1: Mix a half teaspoon of liquid laundry detergent with one quart of warm water.
Step 2: Let solution soak on carpet for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Blot solution until all liquid is absorbed.
Step 1: Use a spoon to scoop the excess off the carpet surface.
Step 2: Use a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch and sprinkle on soiled area
Step 3: Allow the cornstarch to soak up the butter for a few minutes. Vacuum up the cornstarch. Repeat process until all the butter is absorbed.
How to Deep Clean a Carpet in Different Ways
Cleaning your carpet can be difficult especially if you have pets or children inside your house since they might bring different types of dirt. It can be also difficult if you don’t know how to get rid of dirt properly.
Deep cleaning a carpet might sound difficult to others but you don’t have to worry about that anymore since here at Red Deer Carpet Cleaners, we’re going to help you with your problems. We’re going to list down some ways you can choose to clean your carpet.
Continue reading to find out how to do you deep clean your carpet the best way possible.
How to deep clean a carpet without a steam cleaner
If you don’t have a steam cleaner in your house, this method is one of the best ways to eliminate all of the dirt and stain from your carpet with just a few simple steps. And you won’t have a hard time getting all of the tools since you just need a vacuum cleaner and dish soap.
- Baking soda or dish soap
- Old toothbrush
- Vacuum cleaner
- BIg brush
- Clean rag or towels
Here are the steps for how to clean your carpet without a steam cleaner:
- Prepare all the cleaning tools that you may need for the procedure
- Use the vacuum cleaner to clean the entire area of the carpet to remove all the dust and dirt
- If using baking soda, sprinkle the stain until completely covered. If using dish soap, measure the stain’s size, and use 1 tablespoon per 6 to 8 inches of stain.
- Scratch the surface of the carpet until you see the bubbles
- Use your tools and scrub the stain gently with warm water
- Continue scrubbing the dirt or stain but remember not completely soak the carpet
- After removing the stain, you can open your window and let the carpet dry air dry
- You can use the vacuum cleaner to dry the carpet
This cleaning method is great but if you don’t have the right tools for this, you might need to continue reading to learn some other styles.
How to deep clean your carpet without a machine
Even if you don’t have a steam cleaner but If you have a vacuum cleaner, cleaning a carpet would be a breeze. But if you don’t have one it can be difficult to do. Especially if you are trying to save money from unnecessary spending. The good news is that you don’t have to worry about that anymore since we got the right things just for you.
Deep cleaning without a machine is difficult and handwashing is the only way to do it. But this method is completely safe for everyone, especially the children and your pets. You can also avoid spending too much money on your carpet.
- A mixture of water and some detergent
- Table salt
- Baking soda
- Stiff-bristled scrubbing brush
- Spray bottle
- Old rags or terry cloth towels.
Here are the steps for how to clean your carpet without a machine:
- You need to mix a small amount of soap in the spray bottle then add a small amount of water and shake it but not excessively.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and table salt over the area you want to deep clean but you don’t need to cover it completely.
- Use the soapy water and lightly spray the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.
- After letting the soapy mixture sit for a few minutes, you need to brush the carpet in one direction since it will help it get rid of the dirt and stain.
- If there’s a lot of dirt left on the carpet, you just need to continue brushing gently
- After removing all of the dirt, you can press the towels into the carpet.
- Dry the carpet then after that, light spray it with tap water once more to remove all of the soap residues.
- After removing the soap residues, you can just air dry the carpet. But don’t let it dry under the sun since the fabric will be ruined.
This technique is best for spot-cleaning stains, but if you have a large enough brush, it’s easy to do an entire room.
How to deep clean carpet with snow
This method might be one of the eccentric styles of cleaning your carpet but snow is one of the best cleansers that Mother Nature has.
You don’t need to find any other tools and ingredients for this method, you just need to use dry, powdery snow for the best results. This is the best method to clean all of the larger and heavier rugs or antique wools.
Here’s how to deep clean a carpet with snow in five easy steps:
- You can just take your carpet outside your home and shake it to remove all the dust and dirt. Let it sit outside for 30 minutes to make it adapt to the weather.
- Using a shovel, you just need to pile three to five inches of snow on the top of the carpet and use a broom to distribute the snow.
- Using the broom, beat the carpet while it is under the snow. It will help the snow activate the ammonia that can help remove the dirt.
- Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat the process two to three times.
- After doing the process, you can just remove the snow and let it dry outside.
How to deep clean your carpets with all the equipment
If you have all of the equipment that you need, this is the right instruction to follow. This might be the hardest part since there’s a lot of things that you need to do to clean your carpet. But worry not, because in the end, your carpet will be cleaner than it was before. Also, it is cost-free since you’ve used items that are ready in your home.
- White vinegar
- Vacuum cleaner
- Carpet steam cleaner
Here are the steps for how to clean your carpet without a machine:
- You need to use the vacuum cleaner to remove all of the dirt and dust from the carpet.
- Mix all of the cleaner ingredients then it will create a paste that you will use to apply to the carpet.
- Let the paste sit on the carpet for several hours and let it dry. After doing it, you can vacuum to remove it.
- Startup the steam cleaner and let it heat up for a couple of minutes before using.
- You can use a carpet shampoo or hot water to get all of the grime and dirt on the carpet. You can put this on the machine.
- You can also add 1 cup white vinegar to 2.5 gallons of water to give the carpet a very deep cleaning.
- Use the steam machine and put it on the carpet three or four times to remove all of the dirt and stain.
- To give it a deep clean, you can just clean the carpet a second time.
- After cleaning the carpet, you just need to air dry it before using it again. Remember to completely dry it so that you can avoid staining it again.
Cleaning a carpet might sound hard at this point but you need to remember some do’s and don’ts before you clean one. Continue reading to learn some of them.
Do’s of don’ts of carpet cleaning
Here are some of the dos and don’ts that you need to remember to keep your carpet safe while you’re cleaning it.
- Vacuum often since it is one of the most important parts of routine carpet maintenance
- Rotate furniture since is heavy and can sag into your carpet, causing indents and worn patches
- Create new paths for your carpet so that people won’t step into them too much to let them rest even for some time
- Invest in mats to help your shoes remove all of the dirt and dust underneath them before stepping into them
- Trust the professionals when cleaning your carpet since they are trained to remove all of the stains in them
- Let stains sit on your carpet too long since it can affect your carpet for a long time. You’ll be having a hard time removing that stain from your carpet if you let it sit too long.
- Wear shoes on your carpet to avoid dirt and dust from sticking to your carpet
We know that cleaning your carpet can be hard but if you don’t want to deal with your dirty carpet, we can help you get rid of your problems here at Red Deer Carpet Cleaner. You can just call us since our lines are open to give you a free quote anytime.
Now if your have stubborn stains that you just cannot seem to remove yourself then give us a call here at Red Deer Carpet Cleaners at (587) 797-3331 or get a fast, free instant quote by filling out the form on this page.